Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rose Bowl Parade Floats

I've never been one to enjoy parades. I honestly can't remember a time where I turned the television to a parade with the actual intention of watching it. The last time I went to a parade (for pure photographic pleasure) was the summer solstice parade in Santa Barbara. Even then, I knew I was there just for the photographic opportunity (and to enjoy the wonderful weather in Santa Barbara of course). ;o) About fifteen minutes into the solstice parade, I found myself chillaxin' in the local Pinkberry (mmm Pinkberry) watching the people and floats parade by like a ...well,... like a parade (a parade I obviously didn't want to watch LOL)!

The floats from the Rose parade were massive structures! I was so glad I brought my widest lens! Here are a few of them:

Oh wait, first a shot of the infamous Rose Bowl :o)












Definitely lots of color all around...



To say that it was crowded there...would be an understatement. I'd hate to imagine how crowded it actually gets there during the parade!



After the parade, we headed over to this place called Mi Piace over in Old Town Pasadena. It was YUM.



... and I discovered that I was talented ;o) Yes, I did that myself!



...and these little garlic bread pieces, especially when dipped in olive oil and basalmic vinegar, are pure evil!!! :-O



Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! Happy Monday (or what's left of it)! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment