Sunday, January 24, 2010

Joshua Tree 2010

Joshua Tree would fall under the category of places that I've shot before, but am willing to shoot again. Yesterday, a group of us braved the cold (and snow in some parts) to capture the beauty that is Joshua Tree. Usually when I return to a place that I've photographed before, I try to get different perspectives, or focus on an aspect of the location that I neglected previously. Since our group this year was a LOT bigger, I was able to get more people shots (which are my favorite thing to shoot)! :o)

Originally, we were to have a little excursion in a little place called Pioneertown. I was really excited about doing this, until we came upon this:




Since the car (hidden by the trailer) that was stuck in the "river" was a medium-sized sedan, Mike was really hesitant to cross it. I would have been pretty hesitant to as well, if it were my car. So we turned around and did this instead:




Although it was nice and toasty inside the restaurant, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed about not getting to shoot Pioneertown (especially after I saw all the cool things to shoot from other people's cameras)!

Once we all gathered at the Joshua Tree Oasis Visitor Center, we embarked on our photographic journey. Here are some of my faves:











No comments:

Post a Comment