Monday, January 11, 2010

Farmer's Market & 3rd Street Food Tasting :o)

This past weekend, I went to a food tasting tour with a few friends. None of us had ever done something like this before, so we were really excited to attend (with our cameras)! I'm sure everyone else looked at us like we were crazy, and I'll admit, when all four of us busted out with our cameras on a plate of chinese chicken salad, I really thought we had reached an all time low ;o)

Our day started out early. The Farmer's Market was just gearing up for what I'm sure will be a busy day. I really enjoyed being there without the crowds though. Here is everyone waiting for the tour to begin.




First stop? Donuts and coffee...Sign me up please! :o)



This bread and the olives were so delicious. Here is Jon diving in. Clearly, he's a pro. :oD



Mmm...meat market!



Meats from the Brazilian BBQ place. They were quite tasty.



One of our stops was at Kiss My Bundt Cake...They had some really enticing flavors to choose from. I forget what we sampled, but the cake was moist and yummy. :o)



The infamous chicken salad! :oD



We finished off with some tea at Chado Tea and then had some soba noodles at this Japanese restaurant. The noodles were quite tasty and I even picked up some Furikake seasoning that I'm absolutely crazy about. Mmm...






If you think you would want to try this, check out www.meltingpottours.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Soupy!! What a fabulous group you were to have on our tour and your fotos are stunning!! Please come on our Pasadena tour soon, we can't wait to welcome you again and, please become FANS of Melting Pot Food Tours on Facebook! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete