Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Southern California Senior Portrait Photography :: Xaviera

A short time ago, Anitza contacted me aboout shooting her sister Xaviera's senior portraits. I have to admit, everytime I hear the words "senior portraits," I am transported back in time (about 14 years ago) to a studio that is known for taking senior portrait photos where I grew up. I remember being told to turn my neck so much that I thought my head was going to pop off! Thankfully, I opted for the cheapest session that they offered...I think I was still on my way out of the "awkward stage"...hehehe. When the proofs arrived at the house, BAD would just be an understatement to describe the pictures. I never did order any, and the only one in print is the one that graces the senior section in my high school yearbook. It worries me to know that about 178 people out there possibly have that photo in their possession, and I live each day in fear that one of them might scan and post it somewhere!

I told this story to a nervous Xaviera before starting our session. Needless to say, she warmed up to the camera a LOT better than I did! Xaviera's hobbies include playing the guitar, drama club, and photography. I loved the props that she brought along for the session! Here are some of my faves:






















Congrats to Xaviera on her graduation this year! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Soupy, you are such a wonderfully talented photographer! You made my shy sister comfortable in what could have been an otherwise harrowing situation. You have great ideas for poses and places to shoot. You captured her beautifully. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anitza, thanks for a great session and for all your kind words! :o)

    ReplyDelete