Monday, May 31, 2010

Movie - Sex & the City 2

About five years ago, long after the show had ended on HBO, my best friend introduced me to her Sex & the City dvd collection. All my preconceived notions about the show were completely erased after watching the first three episodes. I was hooked. I rented every single season from Blockbuster until I had watched the entire six seasons. I now have a boxed set of the series, and have watched it about 10 times all the way through (yes, every season, no joke)!

I continued to watch the series over and over again, and when the first movie came out, excited would've been an understatement. I missed "the girls"! I love this show, and more than that, I love what the show (according to Sarah Jessica Parker) has always been about. No, not the sex! It's about the amazing, undying friendship of these four women, and the non-traditional roles and relationships that they have, both with eachother, and the men on the show.

I won't spoil part 2 for anyone who hasn't seen it, but I definitely think the outrageousness was over the top! However, despite all the critics who slam the movie for being over the top, if you are a fan of the show, you accept the outrageousness with open arms ;o) Come on, the fashion people! The fashion!!! :o) I thought it was fantastic and Kim Catrall was hilarious in it! A couple of friends and I caught the movie at the Arclight in Pasadena. There were LOTS of heels in attendance! Crazy!

I have both the first cover from the first movie, and now this one! I think I will get them framed! :o)






I kinda got overly excited when I saw this set up they had inside the theatre. By the way, reserved seating is the best thing since sliced bread! Two thumbs up to the Arclight theatres!



We had a few guys in attendance too...but to save them the shame of being tormented by one person in particular, I won't post their pictures. ;o) Your welcome. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment