Friday, November 27, 2009

Movie Review - Precious

My friend Marisol and I love to watch Oprah. Okay, you can stop rolling your eyes now :oP Of course when the previews for "Precious" came out and Oprah was plugging it, we had to see it. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I certainly didn't expect to see an eclectic mix of emotional, disturbing, and at times comical performances from just about the entire cast. The movie depicted a very real aspect of human nature, and just put it out there in this film. I think we all left the theatre with a greater appreciation for what we have in our lives. Definitely worth seeing if you get the chance.

On a brighter note, after the movie ended, one of my friends saw a gentleman that "really looked like a famous person." She couldn't quite remember who he was, and was really on the defense about approaching him for fear that we would be bugging him on his Friday night. Of course, she got over that, and approached him after the movie. It turned out that he was one of the security guards in the movie "Night at the Museum" with Ben Stiller. How cool is that?! Thank goodness one of the girls had the guts to ask for a photo op. Hey, I'm only here to provide a camera! ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment