Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pismo Beach and Long Beach Aquarium

There can only be one word to sum up this past weekend. CRAZY. However, it was all in all, one big phototaking adventure. All of Saturday was spend driving to, shooting at, and driving home from Pismo Beach. A few years ago, I took a roadtrip to Pismo with two of my closest friends. It remains one of my fondest roadtrip memories, so going back there is always a treat for me. The weather was fantastic, and we even discovered these amazing sand dunes near the Pismo Beach pier. If you've never been there before, it's definitely a phototaking MUST. Light at sunset was spectacular, and seriously, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear I was out in the Sahara Desert (except that there was a nice cool breeze)! :oD

First stop was the monarch butterfly preserve. I'm not a huge fan of butterflies, but it was cool to see them swarming up in the air. :o)



Then off to the beach!



This crazy pelican was such a ham for the camera. It stuck around for quite a while and posed for me.



This picture pretty much sums up the time we had at the dunes. :o)



The following evening, I went to a Photographer's Night at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. I've gone to this event before, and really enjoyed it. It's nice to be around other people who are just as crazy as you are about taking pictures. ;o) Whenever I go back to shoot at a location I've shot before, I always try to think of new ways to shoot it. This time I focused on a different perspective and tried some long exposures.

It's Nemo!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment